About EHS

















Name: Norm Ryder

Location: Currently in Victoria British Columbia, Canada

How long have you been electrosensitive? My EHS story started in 1972

Your story:

The start of the EHS experience Okanagan Area (near Kelowna) of British Columbia.

In 1972 I received a large dose of microwave radiation while working for the provincial government.

A first operation was done to remove an acoustic neuroma from the same side of the head that received the radiation in 2001, and second operation to remove a regrowth was carried out in 2010, and a slow awakening to the fact that I was EHS happened later in the same year.

I was 20 at the time.






















For the technically-minded people, I was using a Tellurometer to measure long distances using microwave radiation.

My head passed very close to the front of the unit - in the near field.  The unit was radiating 50 milwatts of power into a 28 db gain antenna.

If one wishes to convert this to Watts/sq meter that is 31.5 watts/sq meter, well above the limits in any country and the limits in the local Workers' Compensation Board (WCB) regulations.

As it was in the near field, the standard is to multiply the value by 4 for 126 watts/sq metre, it should be a slam dunk WCB claim.

Think again: just because it exceeded the safety levels in their own regulations and happened at work does not make it a valid WCB in BC.

In case anyone is wondering how fast the head can heat when exposed to microwave radiation - it is instant, although as it was a cool day in the mountains, the heat sensation was an enjoyable warmth, or so I thought.

Fast forward to 2001 and a massive Acoustic Neuroma was removed.

A regrowth occurred that required emergency removal in 2010.

It was during recovery in the hospital in Victoria after the second operation I began to experience serious headaches (medical advice “you just had a long brain surgery operation - stop complaining and deal with it, accept living on maximum dose of Tylenol for the rest of your life”).

No one connected the large celltower antenna array virtually immediately outside my window as contributing to the head aches or the incredibly itchy skin.

It was only after leaving the hospital and acquiring a laptop, which of course I used on my lap, did I start to connect radiation with my headaches and skin condition.

A few months later, and after much study, I began to understand EHS symptoms, and while my symptoms were more severe now, they had been present - especially the way I overreacted to stress on occasion - in the past.

When I thought about it, often a large physical feature when I melted down due to stress was a large antenna nearby.

Worksafe BC videos on Youtube:


After one has an Acoustic Neuroma removed they have few job opportunities  and my career as a heavy equipment construction supervisor is gone; so to is surveying.

Fortunately I have been able to develop a strong group of friends to replace the family I lost.

Family thought it was funny to subject me to electromagnetic radiation, and watch me lose it; and besides, with a face disfigured because of the operation to remove the tumours, it is an embarrassment.

I can continue to exist with the effects of the radiation, but it would be nice if the local WCB recognised the effects of radiation exposure I received at work is having on others with similar exposures. 

The local WCB is not even willing to improve their regulations to advise rooftop workers to be cautious around antennas.

The workplace needs stronger regulations to protect workers in danger of being exposed to radiation, and all workers that have been exposed should receive the claim compensation they are due.

I understand BC is not alone in failing workers in this regard.

The proper protection and treatment needs to be done in every country throughout the world.


There are a number of videos featuring Norm on this YouTube channel:

EMR_Vlog

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCjoJtiTtqunMy6jwEohzLNQ/videos









Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Glasses and EMFs

A Story of Ehs, and Accepting Loss

Major EHS tribunal decision in the UK